Residential & Commercial Inspection services for new & existing construction

Our Services

Residential Construction

Home Building Inspection

Commercial Construction

Commercial Building Inspection

Online Building Permit Application

Click here to start a building permit

Contractor Information

In this section you will find many resources to help you along with the building process.

There are links to required permits for contractors, energy code links and forms, erosion control links and forms and the Uniform Dwelling Code as well as frequently asked questions regarding the UDC.

You will also find specific building requirements and contact information by clicking on any of the municipalities below. There are also links to different county and state departments that you may find useful.

You may also find many of our most commonly asked questions on our FAQ. If you have searched through this site and still have questions, feel free to contact us.

Please click here to fill out our New Online Permit Application form. Or, Download the fillable PDF Permit Application form.

Information and Forms

Required Inspection Types (Detail) – View Page PDF

Dwelling Contractor Financial Responsibility Certification –  PDF

HVAC Contractor Registration –  PDF

Wisconsin Uniform Building Permit Application – Online | PDF

Note*: The WUB Permit Application must be download to your computer before it can be filled out and submitted.

Erosion Control Worksheet – PDF

Energy Code Links & Forms – Link

Hudson Setbacks – Link

Hudson Code Book – Link

Pool Requirements:

Town of Hudson – PDF

Town of Troy – PDF

Residential Decks Information Sheet – PDF

Town of Hudson Setbacks

Dwellings and Attached Structures


Highway 35 —–> 150′ from center
Highway 12 —–> 150′ from center
County Roads —–> 133′ from center
Town Roads —–> 133′ from center
Subdivision Roads —–> 83′ from center


All Lot Lines —–> 25′
If rear lot line is a road use the same setback as above.


All Lot Lines —–> 10′ with 25′ between buildings
If side lot line is a road, use the same setbacks as above.

Auxiliary Buildings


Same as above


All lot lines —–> 3′
If rear lot line is a road, use road setback.


All lot lines —–> 3′
If side lot line a road, use road setback.

Uniform Dwelling Code


SPS 320 – Administration and enforcement – Link – PDF

SPS 321 – Construction standards – Link – PDF

SPS 322 – Energy conservation – Link – PDF

SPS 323 – Heating, ventilating and air conditioning – Link – PDF

SPS 324 – Electrical standards – Link – PDF

SPS 325 – Plumbing – Link – PDF

Appendix – Link – PDF

Uniform Dwelling Code – Frequently Asked Questions